PLEASE VISIT OUR SCHOOL WEBSITE REGARDING CAMPUS UPDATES FOR COVID-19. THE LIBRARY IS CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE E-MAIL KATHRYN WEBB.
24 hours/day - 365 days/year
ARGYLE CAMPUS LIBRARY
1345 W. Argyle Street
Chicago, Illinois 60640
Monday-Friday 8:30 am-9:45pm
Saturday 8:30 am-4:00pm
Hours vary during holidays and college breaks
- Dictionaries, encyclopedias, and other reference works in print are located at the Argyle Campus Library
- Online reference sources are available in the Credo Reference database
- 1,000,000+ journal articles are indexed and abstracted in SAC's journal databases
- 500,000+ full-text journal articles are available for download; some full-text access may be restricted by journal publishers
- Current periodical and newspaper subscriptions are available at all teaching locations
- Argyle Campus Library holds about 10,000 current books in subjects taught at St. Augustine College
- E-Book databases provide more than 150,000 digital books on all subjects, and available for download on-campus and off-campus
- Spanish literature books are housed at the Argyle Campus Library
FILMS and VIDEOS
- instructional films and videos that support the curriculum of St. Augustine College are housed at the Argyle Campus Library. Faculty may request delivery to any teaching location
- Books and journal articles that are not available at the SAC Library may be borrowed from other libraries at no cost.
- SAC is a member of several library cooperatives. Click OTHER LIBRARIES tab for more information.
ST. AUGUSTINE COLLEGE
LIBRARY SPRING 2020 STUDENT WORKSHOPS
A SERIES OF WORKSHOPS FOR STUDENTS SPONSORED BY SAC INFORMATION COMMONS LIBRARY
SITE WORKSHOPS DATE TIME ROOM
LIBRARY WORKSHOPS WILL BE POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. PLEASE E-MAIL KATHRYN WEBB FOR QUESTIONS, email@example.com.
Director: Kathryn Webb - KJWebb@staugustine.edu
Librarian: Claudia Nickson - CNickson@staugustine.edu
German Ramirez - GRamirez02@staugustine.edu
Colleen Layton - CCLayton@staugustine.edu
LIBRARY HELP DESK
IT HELP DESK
Tell us how we can make this website better for you.
Please e-mail your confidential comments to:
Thank you very much.
The Mission of St. Augustine College Library is to provide essential and high-quality instructional support materials, facilities, and services to the students, faculty, and staff of St. Augustine across all programs. Developing in our community members the informational literacy skills necessary to achieve their educational goals, to acquire and utilize information, and to empower them to become successful lifelong learners. The library supports an environment of free and critical thought to realize the goals of a bilingual, metropolitan, and multicultural college.
With this mission the library assists St. Augustine College in fulfilling its mission, by directly supporting the accessibility of education to a diverse student population, while maintaining a focus on those of Hispanic descent; to strengthen ethnic identity; to reinforce cultural interaction; and to build a bridge to fill cultural, educational, and socioeconomic gaps.