Hours of Service & Location
TO LIBRARY RESOURCES
24 hours/day - 365 days/year
ARGYLE CAMPUS LIBRARY
1345 W. Argyle Street
Chicago, Illinois 60640
Monday-Friday 8:30 am-9:45pm
Saturday 8:30 am-4:00pm
Hours vary during holidays and college breaks
About Information Commons - Library
INFORMATION COMMONS / LIBRARY
CENTRO DE INFORMACION / BIBLIOTECA
MISSION AND DESCRIPTION 2013
St. Augustine College (SAC) is committed to providing the best college-level library resources and services to its students and faculty. The 21st century revolution in information and telecommunications technologies made scholarly and research information increasingly available in digital formats. This significantly improves ways that college students and faculty can identify, access, locate, and use information that supports the college's curriculum.
"Information Commons" refers to today's college learning spaces and online services that support teaching and learning with library services and collections, computing and telecommunications technology and services, and spaces for individual and small group collaboration. The Information Commons at St. Augustine College is a partnership between Library and Information Technology Departments.
The Information Commons/Library provides students with tools to access and use relevant published and unpublished information to complete course assignments, as well as for lifelong learning. Librarians provide reference and instruction services to all students and faculty. Technology specialists provide computing and connectivity assistance at all teaching locations.
St. Augustine College has multiple teaching locations that use the Internet to deliver most library and technology resources and services. Students, faculty and staff have access to this virtual library both on and off campus, 24 hours per day, every day of the year via the library's web site (library.staugustine.edu).
St. Augustine College's Information Commons supports the College's mission, values, and goals, as it strives to inspire students to have an intellectual curiosity and a passion for higher learning that will accompany them throughout their lives.
REFERENCE BOOKS AND DATABASES
- Dictionaries, encyclopedias, and other reference works in print are located at the Argyle Campus Library
- Online reference sources are available in the Credo Reference database
ARTICLES FROM JOURNALS AND NEWSPAPERS
- 1,000,000+ journal articles are indexed and abstracted in SAC's journal databases
- 500,000+ full-text journal articles are available for download; some full-text access may be restricted by journal publishers
- Current periodical and newspaper subscriptions are available at all teaching locations
BOOKS and E-BOOKS
- Argyle Campus Library holds about 10,000 current books in subjects taught at St. Augustine College
- E-Book databases provide more than 150,000 digital books on all subjects, and available for download on-campus and off-campus
- Spanish literature books are housed at the Argyle Campus Library
FILMS and VIDEOS
- instructional films and videos that support the curriculum of St. Augustine College are housed at the Argyle Campus Library. Faculty may request delivery to any teaching location
INTERLIBRARY LOAN SERVICES
- Books and journal articles that are not available at the SAC Library may be borrowed from other libraries at no cost.
- SAC is a member of several library cooperatives. Click OTHER LIBRARIES tab for more information.